Every summer, you ride to alleviate hunger by taking part in the annual LAGSRIDE Bicycle Poker Run. For the health and safety of all involved, the 2020 LAGSRIDE is going virtual!
During the 2020 Virtual LAGSRIDE, you will have the opportunity to become a “rider” for Self-Help International from wherever you are and mobilize others to alleviate hunger by helping people help themselves. Between September 1, 2020 and September 26, 2020, collect donations in support of Self-Help International. Ride any route(s) of your choosing at a time that is convenient for you and share it with your friends and family on social media and your personal fundraising page! All fundraising will be due on the final day of the ride – Saturday, September 26, 2020 at 11:59 PM CT. If you have any problems meeting this deadline, please call 319-352-4040 to let us know.
How it Works
- Between now and Sep. 1, 2020 register here as an individual or a team leader and pledge to raise money for Self-Help International by becoming a virtual rider. If you pledge to raise $100 or more for Self-Help, you will receive a special Self-Help International branded t-shirt.
- You can pledge to raise money as an individual, or you can form a “fundraising team” with your friends, families, or coworkers – more details on the registration page!
- The week of Aug. 24, you will receive a “toolkit” via email to help you get started sharing about your ride for Self-Help. It will include sample language for emails and social media posts, as well as pictures you can share. You don’t have to use this toolkit – but, if you’re not sure how to share your passion for Self-Help, we’ll give you the tools you need. We will include a download link for the toolkit on the registration page in case you registered after Sep. 1 or in the event you missed the email with it included!
- The week of Aug. 24, you will receive instructions via email on how to set up a fundraising page on our platform JustGiving. These instructions will also include information on how team leaders can set up their team page and get their teammates connected to it. During this week, we will also offer two live Zoom sessions on how to set up your fundraising pages. One session will be for riders that pledged to fundraise as individuals, and one session will be for riders that pledged to be team leaders for a fundraising team. We will post links to the written instructions and the Zoom video sessions on the registration page in case you registered after Sep. 1, or in the event that you weren’t able to make it to the live Zoom sessions.
- On Sep. 1, you will launch your fundraising page on JustGiving and start mobilizing people in the fight against hunger! Share your passion with your friends and family, and ask them to make a gift in honor of your ride on your personal fundraising page.
- The “official” day to ride is Saturday, Sep. 26, however you can ride at a different time that is more convenient for you. You can ride whatever distance you want and you can ride wherever you want. Share about your ride with your group of supporters so they can cheer you on! If Sep. 26 doesn’t work for you, then go ahead and ride any time between Sep. 1 and Sep. 26. You can even divide up the distance you want to ride over a few separate days. Just remember – all fundraising is due on Sep. 26 at 11:59 PM CT. If you think you will be unable to meet this deadline, please call 319-352-4040 to let us know.
- Prizes: further details will be shared during the kick off event – tune in then or watch the recording after to learn more!